Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Another year, another 10k

Well, no matter what you say about Londoners, at least we know they will turn out and make an effort for a good cause. Thousands of runners and supporters turned up on Sunday for our 10k run for cancer research. It was a lovely day and I am proud to say that Paul and I raised just under £200 - ok so it's not that much but every little bit helps right? I was very thrilled because i ran the 10k in just under 61 minutes, beating my time from last year (and this one was run on grass, not concrete!) I feel a huge sense of achievement and am quite proud of myself, thanks very much! It was such a nice feeling though - all those people out to support you and cheer you over the finishing line (even though I was looking hideously red and exhausted by that stage). I'm sure they raised thousands, and since pretty all of us know someone close to us who has been affected by cancer, then it really is the least we can do.

No comments: