So, drumroll... yes I am still in London. Just can't seem to shake this city - not that I want to just yet! Since September last year (last time I wrote, oops!) I went home to Australia for Christmas and New Years which was good fun, and then came back to continue my publishing job in London, where I have been for almost two years now.
I haven't been able to travel much this year unfortunately since I had to put a sweet £500 aside for a new visa application - but managed to spend an unbelievable two weeks in the US: discovering my mecca, New York, and other fab places Chicago and, randomly, Orlando. Also went to Lisbon (very highly recommended for a short trip) plus have been exploring some of the UK's own wonders - Manchester (yes, really) and Cornwall and my own backyard in London. After four years over here, and travel to literally dozens of countries, I have lost a little of (or satiated?) my wanderlust and this year I have been content to relax over the summer in my home, London. Today is a typical sunny summer day - one of the types of days that makes living through the winter here all the worth while. Everyone is out on the Commons sipping pints - I will be joining them very shortly! Just recovering from whipping Paul at tennis this morning.
Some of the things I have been up in the past couple of weeks:
- Ice cream sundaes at the Parlour restaurant, Fortnum and Mason, Piccadilly: best, poshest ice cream in London
- Sister Act the musical (MUCH better than it sounds, seriously)
- Watching fire eaters and listening to live music at Camden Lock Market
- Enjoying lush food and wine at The Avalon in Clapham South, for Sim's visit
- Sushi in Putney and best wine bar on the river - oh how I will miss the Star & Garter
- Discovering my loyalties at Arsenal Vs Atletico Madrid at the Emirates Stadium
And that's about it for now. Stay tuned as I might just get better at doing this again...